Friday, September 03, 2010

Tea and Company


Tonight, once again, Sweetpea, Bunny and I are going to the tea shop after dinner. We'll go and listen to the musical artists because it is an open microphone night. Last week was fun and we had a great time. I also got a load of knitting done. In fact, I finished the first of the pair of mittens that I am knitting (more on that later).

We tasted a new kind of tea; it was a black tea called "First Love". While I enjoyed it, there were undertones to it that were unusual to me and I am not sure I liked it. The name of the tea was what drew me to it. Isn't first love just grand? Somehow, it doesn't matter if that love is a new person or place or a new activity. It might even be a new yarn, a new food dish or a new tv show. There is wonder in the promise of something new. We marvel at the potential of it. We admire the new thing or person and just take in the beauty of it all. That feeling is amazing.

So, last Friday was the first night at the tea shop and the first time that I had the "First Love" tea. It was the first time that the three of us have done a knitting gathering outside of one of our homes. We had fun watching the people, listening to the music and making note of the night life. We shared the joy of creating together even though we were working on different items. We had each others' support if something went wrong or we needed help.

It was a joy to share that creative energy - there was the energy of the night life, of the musicians trying out their new songs and voices and our energy in creating knitted items. Tonight, we'll have someone new with us. Bunny and Panda just started dating. Tonight we'll have the energy of their new relationship merging with our creative energy. What joy!

As with the "First Love" tea, all of life has undertones. Sometimes we miss them and sometimes we become caught up in them like the undertow of a body of water. I am sure that there was drama at the tea house last week. There were probably some relationship issues amongst the patrons. I'd bet that some of the musicians were nervous about performing. A lovey aspect of last week is that I didn't sense any of those undertones (except in the tea). I skated on the superficial and joyful energy of creativity and just went with the flow.

First love is about potential, about the unknown and about being in the moment. Creativity is about those as well. Ahhh, I am excited to experience aspects of it again.

Carry on. . .

P.S. The lovely picture, above, is from Mellow Monk Tea company (www.mellowmonk.com). It is a Japanese green tea company.

P.P.S. We've been going to a lovely shop called Goldfish Tea. You can find info at www.goldfishtea.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.