Tuesday, September 04, 2007

So, I hope I am over the creative hump. I've reached out and purchased, I've started and restarted projects and I've talked to folks who I trust and respect and I think I've got a handle on this slump (or hump, or rut, or whatever).

I learned I am not alone in this. You can find blog entries, book chapters and conversations about writer's block and knitters block and all such. I just read an entry in "Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off" in which she mentions many UFOs.

At my LYS (Ewe-Nique Knits in Royal Oak), I spoke with one of the owners and she mentioned how changing techiniques would help her get past a block.

So, I found yarn and fiber on-line. I made my first Lime and Violet order. Also, I found some lovely sock yarn at Yarn Lust's site (she sent candy with the yarn so Yorble was happy). I ordered some new needles, bare wool and dye for here and to finish it off, I went, as mentioned to my local yarn store. At my LYS, I spoke with Marilyn, one of the owners. She helped me find a book I was looking for and let me vent for a bit. All of that seemed to do it. I felt as if I'd passed the test - I was ready to move on.

So, I (of course) cast on another project. This time it is a simple childs cap. It is Debby Ware's Gumdrop Cap. So, I am all set - now, to knit!!

No comments: