Sunday, January 04, 2009

The one in which I am back on track

So, here I am - working on this sock and trying to avoid SSS (Second Sock Syndrome). We know that SSS can be fatal (to a pair of socks) as it prematurely splits the socks so that a matched pair (such as they are) is unattainable. So, so sad. . .

Anyway, I thought I'd be there on the Bellatrix pair. When we last visited the pair, the 2nd sock had progressed to the heel flap only to be stymied by a mistake in the pattern (well, really, in the pattern reading by the knitter). Undaunted and unstoppable (after a only a day or two pause in the knitting), the 2nd sock is on its way again. I've made the decision to go with the same heel flap stitch pattern as on the 1st sock (it is nice to have a pair that matches anyhow). The heel flap will be this lovely sl1, k across configuration.


As of a few minutes ago, the heel flap is finished, the edge stitches picked up, the gusset knit and decreased and the body of the foot has been started. We (me and the sock) are in to the stockinette (appropriate, no?) stitches on the sole of the foot and the pattern stitches on the instep. Now, it we are inches away (okay, many inches away as I wear size 9.5 shoes) from having a pair (yes, a PAIR) of socks!!! Now, what to knit next?

No comments: