Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Bella's Got Her Groove Back


Finally, finally, I think I am ready to start knitting with some excitement and fervor again. I don't know what it was about November that got to me . . . but, I found it hard to pick up needles. Cripes, I found it hard to do much of anything at all except work. (Heavy Sigh!).

Anyway, today, I went to Old Village Yarn Shop (in Plymouth, MI) and searched for some wool to knit and felt. I am going to make a pouch for a friend of mine. It will be similar to the photo here. These are made to go onto a belt or a cord around the waist. I found some Galway wool from Plymouth Yarn Co (but the company isn't in Plymouth, MI) and a lovely hand-made leaf-shaped button for the closure. I think I will try to create an I-cord Celtic knot pattern on it. The idea is to attach the cord before felting and let the cord felt along with the pouch. If I can pull it off, the knot will be part of the pouch closure as well.

So, I plan to start this tomorrow . . . I am just too tired tonight. Hopefully, I can finish out November with more knitting zeal that I've had lately. Other things have weighed upon me lately and rather than 'knitting through them', which I know works . . . I've been just sitting and stewing. Enough, I say! Enough!!! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your pouch will look lovely, my dear, don't worry! If you need motivation to get knitting then we need to get together on weekends, since that is all I have been doing!!

Take a deep breath, your Nini friend will help you through it (with Sooj in the background!)