Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Knitting Resolution

Well, well, well . . . another new year and the potential for more New Year's Resolutions. Yes, I could vow to do more blog posts. True, I could vow to be more organized. Right enough that I could manage my time better. All grand and potential resolutions but they aren't practical. I find that if I set my plans for such lofty ideals, I won't meet them. Then, I'll self-judge, disappoint myself and just fall off into an abyss of recrimination.

Okay, okay - it wouldn't be that bad - but, why set myself up for the possibility.
Instead, I am going to try to do something a bit different. I am going to participate in the Finishapalooza 2008 mentioned by Miss Violet (and others) of Lime and Violet fame. It has also come up on Ravelry.

So, I am going to try to avoid beginning new project and, rather, will strive to finish existing projects. We'll see how it goes. I've got a good number of them started and would like to see some results. I do have an Annie Modesitt corset that isn't started. I believe that might be the big 2008 project. I'd like to do it for myself for October (the Witches Ball). It is a goal, anyway.

Til then. . . resolution knitting commences.

No comments: