Monday, November 26, 2007

Winter slow-down

I have been remiss in knitting and keeping track of my knitting. I've been doing a bit - but nothing noteworthy. It seems that, since Samhain, I've been just treading water. Sigh.

I've been knitting pet cozies for the local animal shelter (photos to follow later). They are simple and couldn't be more basic. I knit a rectangle or a square of some sort of bulky acrylic yarn from my stash. I try to make them squishy and soft so that a little puppy or kitty or big ones, for that matter, will get some comfort while in the cages at the shelter.

Beyond that, I've been in a mild, passive panic about the holidays. I'd swear that all year long I had these great ideas but didn't start any of them. Of course, I was assuming I had loads of time. Now, I've got a month (in some cases, less) and cannot execute these ideas (though, I'd like to shoot myself sometimes for getting into these pickles).

I've spent the last couple of days working on realistic ideas for friends and family. Fortunately, the list isn't big but much of it is meant to be handmade.

Next year, I am not making anything for anyone unless it is in preparation for Yule!!!

No comments: