Sunday, October 28, 2007

Charity Knitting



Wow! I am so far behind. I haven't updated much here or on Ravelry lately. Things will open up after Samhain, to be sure. This is a very busy time of year.

Anyway, on Friday, after work, I attended a charity knitting gathering at my LYS. Ewe-Nique Knits stayed open for the gathering. The knitting was in support of the Royal Oak Animal Shelter. We gathered to knit pet snuggles. The idea is to knit smaller afghans or blankets for the cats and dogs in the shelter. These help to make their cages a bit more comfortable and the blankets go home with them when the animal is adopted. Additionally, we were encouraged to bring pet food that would be donated to the shelter.

Hubby did a Costco run the day before and brought home an extra case of Friskies canned cat food so that was our donation. I grabbed some stash yarn (some unknown acrylic chenille) and knit away. I finished a cat crate-sized blanket that night. It is 2 strands of this bulky chenille in very rich purple.


This event happens monthly on the last Friday of every month. It is so worth it. This is especially close for me as all of our pets are rescues. Myrtle came from that shelter and she is wonderful.

No comments: