Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Bad Blogger, Bad!!

Well, I had such great plans for this blog . . . I still do. But, as they say . . . "the best laid plans . . ." Cripes, I cannot even remember the rest of the quotation. Anyway, I still want to use this for knitting and fiber arts info and blogging. My thought is that I can use this exclusively for fiber and my life blog won't interfere.

That being said, here goes.I spent the weekend in Tennessee with some wonderful friends. We try to get together at least once a year to craft. In fact, we've been doing this for nearly 15 year and, since the beginning, called these "stitch and bitch" weekends. That phrase has been co-opted but, that's okay.The weekend was to celebrate my birthday. Alabama girl and Missouri girl paid to fly me from Michigan to Tennessee. Since we are all watching out waistlines, I wanted to do something special that did NOT involve cake. The One Skein has a pattern for knitted cupcakes so, I did that. I used Lion Brand cotton in fuschia for the cupcake 'cups' and two white yarns (one with multicolored, bright, 'sprinkles) for the frosting. This was fun; I packaged the cupcakes with tissue paper in little cake boxes so that they'd look like baked goods. They were fun to do and were well received. I was listening to the Knit Science podcast after I did them and the podcaster was discussing how she was going to knit cupcakes. She described the exact same color combination for her. What a hoot. When I can figure out how, I will post a photo.

No comments: