Friday, August 24, 2007

WIPs

Just a short note about works in progress today. This is on my mind for a couple of reasons. I was reading the Yarn Harlot's blog about her unfinished objects (UFOs) and her various works in progress (WIP). As always, she is an interesting and amusing read.

Anyway, I am going camping this weekend and am trying to decide which project to take along. I will be the only knitter there so I don't want to take anything that is too complex (Mystery Sock) because it will take me away from the group. I also don't want to buy anything new because I am trying to finish several WIPs and use up a little bit of stash for whatever new projects I start.

I was going to take the 2nd self-striping sock (from On-Line yarn) but cannot. I only have 1 pair of Knit Picks metal double-pointed needles (DPNs) and cannot move them from the project they are in. Sigh.

One of the lessons here is that I need more knitting needles - there are never enough. Another is that I must keep a simple project going at all time!!!

No comments: