Friday, August 20, 2010

The one in which I'd like to party like it's 1599!


Hail all!

I am headed to the Bristol Rennaissance Festival today. Yep, it's a bit of a drive but we are going to see some wonderful friends and have a great time.

I've spent the last few days wondering what to wear. Every year I have this vague idea (or plan or concept) that I will make new festival garb outside of the festival season. Does it happen? Of course not! Do I do things at the last minute? Of course I do! I suppose that the vendors count on people like me, don't they?

I did get some mending completed. It wasn't my mending but I got it done. I also threw together a pair of upper arm cuffs. If they work, I'll post photos. If they don't, then forget this was ever mentioned and we'll never see the photos. I spent some time last night trying to put an outfit together and therein lies another issue.

I've got to get my festival clothing organized. I was running amongst the various closets, dressers and storage bins. I still cannot find everything but I've got enough for a decent faire outfit. Of course, I've been chanting the resolution about getting organized for days. We'll see what happens for next year.

I am, also, getting together a couple of knitting projects to take along. I've got a few hours in the car with my girl and plenty of time to knit. Also, we are meeting up with some dear friends tomorrow. One is a knitter so we'll have some time to revel in the various completed projects.

I do plan on looking for some neat hand-made goodies at the Faire. We'll see what I can find.

Until then . . .

No comments: