Friday, August 27, 2010

Thinking about the harvest. . .


Today, amidst all of the hubbub of work, I've been contemplating life. No, I haven't figured out the deeper meaning of life (well, I have, but am not ready to share it just yet). I mean that I've been considering hard work and friends and life and basic concepts like that.

This has been a long week. It has been a tough week. Work has been like a roller coaster - one moment it is calm and quiet and the next moment all hell is breaking loose. Home has been my haven and for that I am grateful. Sweetpea and I are living together now and it is wonderful. We've had a week with some bumps but, overall, it has been good. We have been able to spend some time together talking and creating.

With that feeling of sharing and enjoying the fruit of our week's work, we are going out tonight. Bunny is joining us at a local tea house. Bunny is learning to knit and is doing a great job. Sweet Pea has been knitting for a year and a half and is great at it. We are going to enjoy the ambiance of the tea house, each other's company and the tea.

I know that there will be periods of time where we are just listening to the music and are caught up in our creative pursuits. We will be breathing more easily, relaxing in the energy of the space and having a great time being calm and quiet.

Part of the meaning of life is to know that while we work for and with others, it is important to also do some of what we want. Tonight, we will be doing just that. We will be, mostly, enjoying the fruits of our harvests this week. We've been working hard and are going to relax. We've been working for other and tonight we'll be doing what we want to do. It will be good.

Happy Harvest.

1 comment:

Lee Bernstein said...

This blog post made me smile. It left me feeling peaceful and relaxed -- much needed today. Thank you for this.

Lee Bernstein